Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Friday, July 19, 2013

It's Finally Here!!!!!

The day is finally here...we leave for Arizona first thing in the morning.  But, of course, it just couldn't go off without a hitch.  No...now what fun would that be???  First of all, let me start by just saying that I've probably only had about 5-6 hours of good sleep in the last week.  My 6 day vacay was spent sick with my asthma for 2 days, trying to run my daughter around back and forth to her drive times and driving school, running errands, and packing for our move.  I slept in maybe 2 of those days...but can you really call it sleeping in if I slept til 9:00am when I was up til 5:30am because my computer crashed and I had to back up all my photos and data, and then reformat the whole thing?  

Anyway, yesterday was my last day at work and I had to leave a few minutes early to pick my Golden Retriever, Bentley, up from the groomers after his day of beauty.  My phone died at work, so I was already on the road when I received a voicemail from my mother telling me that the dog groomers called and were going to close early, so someone had to go pick Bentley up and my step-dad was headed there.  There was also a schedule change with my daughter's driving class, but he took care of that as well.  (Thank you Marvin!!)  Then I realized that Marvin would not be able to pay when he picked Bentley up, so I had to call while driving to town and make the payment.  I ended up meeting my step-dad at the driving school to pick up Bentley and my daughter, Cheyenne, (after waiting an hour for her class to end).  Afterwards, I had to take Cheyenne to Walmart to pick something up and then we headed to the house...finally I was going to get some packing done and maybe sleep...or so I thought.  

When we get home Cheyenne decides we need to go get a pizza and she will pay, (from $$ her dad sent her).  Okay, fine, so we go to town, (20 minutes away), and place our order, but the pizzas will take 10-15, minutes and she then decides that she needs to go back to Walmart to get drinks and a movie "real quick."  So being the spaced out, sleep deprived, ignorant mother that I am, I said, "Okay."  My daughter couldn't find the movie she wanted and after about 10 minutes decided instead to get t-shirts and paint to decorate them with Scarlett for their last night together.  Little did I know the turmoil that was about to ensue....  We are standing in the craft isle and Cheyenne is having a conniption because she can't find a t-shirt in her size, well, in the size she wants it to be.  You see, she found a "Youth Large" that fit but she absolutely refused to get it because she wanted an "Adult Small."  What..???  I explained that they both fit her the same so what the hell difference did it make?  Well, to a 16 year old girl, apparently it make all the damn difference in the world....because in teenage logic a "Small" is always better than a "Large" even if they are the same darn size!!!!!!  Does everyone know that??? In t-shirts a Youth Large is the same as an Adult Small, but please, please, whatever you do, please don't ever try to explain that to a 16 year old girl in the middle of the Walmart craft aisle at 9:00pm at night!  Especially if you are emotionally and mentally unstable yourself from having been sleep deprived.  Oh and that is another thing....did you know that the angry raging hormones of a 16 year old girl are exactly the same as a sleep deprived and physically worn out 40 year old woman???  Oh yes, it was quite a scene at Walmart last night.  Fortunately, there were not many people around the craft aisle that late at night.  Anyway, 20 minutes later she finally found t-shirts that she was happy with and grabbed some paint only to finally decide that she miscalculated something and did not have enough money to buy that stuff and have enough to eat the next day.  So yes....we actually put all that stuff back and walk away with nothing.  I managed to somehow get the message to her teen brain that you don't have to spend money to make memories with someone.  We then grab some Dr. Peppers and go pick up the pizza....45 minutes after we ordered it.  By the time we get home and eat it is 11:00pm.  I had a few things to do, so I of course didn't get to bed until my usual 12-1:00am.  I went to sleep hoping the morning would go a lot smoother....little did I know....

My alarm was already set for 6:00am, which was way too early, but Bentley decides that he really, really, really needs to go to outside at 5:00am!!  Even though he hasn't had anything to eat or drink for hours due to his impending surgery, but he insisted, so I drag my limp body out of bed and sleep walk him outside.  We say hello to the dog who came running from across the street and walked to the middle of the yard where Bentley then stops and will not move.  He just stands there looking up at me....what?  We didn't come out here so I could potty!  He did not potty, (no surprise there), and would go no further, so I turn around and walk back towards the house.  Bentley walks directly to the front door and puts his nose to the knob....really Bentley?  You drag me up out of bed an hour early just to walk half way across the yard and then come back???  I've concluded that having a teenage dog is a lot like having a teen age kid.  Technically, he's 21 in dog years, but I've also come to the conclusion, (after observing the college kids at work and remembering my own 20's experience), that our 20's are just an extension of our teen years. Anyway, we go back into the house and I slip back into bed only to lay awake until my alarm goes off at 6:00am.  I'm still optimistic at this point, (or maybe just still loopy from lack of sleep), so I get ready to start the day.  I had to drop Cheyenne off at her drive time at 7:00am, an hour early, in order to get back 30 miles the opposite direction to take Bentley to the vet for his surgery, (neutering).  I was in a hurry because I needed to get there by 8:30.  I'm glad we left early... 

After I dropped Cheyenne off I headed back to our town, but as I was rolling through McKinney I saw a huge rock in the middle of my lane.  I swerved to miss it, but ended up nailing it.  I thought to myself, "I hope my tire doesn't go flat now," and not 30 seconds later my steering wheel pulled to the right and I felt a "thump, thump."  Crap!  Luckily I was passing a gas station and pulled into it.  Sure enough, my tire was flat.  I didn't know what I was going to do, but then I saw a gentleman walking to his work truck and asked him if he could help.  I had a spare and everything needed to change a tire in my trunk.  He enlisted the help of his friend and proceeded to change the tire.  They didn't really say much; they just started working on it.  They had a bit of a hard time with my little nothing of a so called jack, but finally managed to get the car up.  However, as one of the guys was removing the flat tire, the whole thing fell!  Geez....thank God neither guy was under the car!  So one of the guys went to his work truck and got a bigger and better jack.  I was thankful and then thought, "why didn't they just do that in the first place when they were having such a hard time with my jack?"  Oh well, at least they didn't give up on me.  They continued on and got me on my way with only about a 15 minute delay.  I was able to get Bentley boy to the vet in plenty of time.  However, by the time I got home, I only had 30 minutes til I had to go get Cheyenne from drive time.  The rest of the day has been busy but less stressful.  

My husband is driving in from AZ and got a bit of a late start.  He said he would try to make it here before dawn.  That means I will be driving the entire way back to AZ, (17 hours).   
I just have to make sure I go to bed early tonight. So now I will go finish up everything so that I can hopefully make it an early night.  Hope everyone has had a blessed day!  I know I have!  God has surely been looking after us.  Thank you Lord.  =)

Thanks for reading "All About My Business"
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment