Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

  We began the day at 7:30am at the local grocery store grabbing the last minute forgotten ingredients for our fabulous fresh Turkey. It happens every year....no matter how hard I think and think, and check and re-check the goods during our Thanksgiving shopping, inevitably there are a couple of rogue ingredients that jump ship and make a run for it. 

  Once we got back home my sweet man did the dishes and then made us a nice plate of chocolate donuts and cherry roll for breakfast. Then we got  the Memosas flowing...so the real fun began as were dancing around the kitchen while I prepared the Turkey for roasting.  I use fresh  garlic in my Turkey, so I'm over the trash trying to peel the garlic and decide to squeeze it to losen the skin, and I guess I don't know my own strength, cause the garlic cloves separate and go flying across the room with one sailing over my husband's head.  Go Memosas, go!

  So then I get the Turkey completely ready for the oven, pick up the pan, turn around and notice that I forgot to turn the oven on. So here we sit, still guzzling Memosas, waitng for the oven to heat up.  While we wait, my sweet husband offers to wash and peel the potatoes....well, he niavely offered to wash them not realizing I would be sneaking the peeling duties in with it. I am so thankful to have a man who loves to help me in the kitchen, plus he's an excellent cook himself.

  Around here Thanksgiving is a team effort.  Even our Bentley boy got in on the action, (safely from the sidelines of course). He's more of the "I'll lay here and watch the show" type of dog.

  Needless to say, although I miss my family and kids like crazy, this is turning out to be a pretty great day. I truly hope each and everyone of ya'll have safe and happy Turkey Day. Whether or not you are able to be with those you love, there is always much to be thankful for.  Don't forget to thank the one who has blessed us all with life. Thank you, Father God, for each day we live in the light of your love. Also, keep our service men and women in your prayers.

Enjoy the below photos of our little family in action.

Thank you for reading "All About My Business"
Crystal Crystal
Photographer/Writer

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a terrific Thanksgiving day and dinner baby. Another great memory to add to the treasure trove. Love you always.. Scott

    ReplyDelete