Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Great Recipe

The other day we had a breakfast potluck at work, so I decided to make a breakfast casserole that was shared with me years ago by a co-worker.  It is my "go to" recipe and a hit everywhere I take it. It is light and fluffy, (not heavy like a lot of egg recipes), and full of wonderful flavor.  It's very simple, but very delicious. I posted photos if it on my Facebook page and got a few requests for the recipe...so here it is.  I hope it brings you as much eating enjoyment as it has brought me. 

                 Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:
6 Slices White Bread
1 Package Sausage
1-2 Cups Shredded Cheese
6 Eggs
1 Pint Half & Half
Butter
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
1. Cut the crust off the bread slices, butter both sides and line the bottom of a  casserole dish. 
2. Crumble cooked sausage over the bread. 
3. Layer the shredded cheese over the sausage. 
4. In a separate bowl, whip eggs and half & half and season with salt & pepper. 
5. Pour the egg mixture over the entire dish. 
6. Cover and place in the fridge overnight, or at least 8 hours. 
7. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 

Enjoy!

Variations: You can use any bacon or ham as well and veggies if you choose. You can add a can of Rotel, (drained), to the egg mixture for some southwest flair, or just experiment with different spices. 

I think next time I make it I will use ham and mushrooms.  Sounds so yummy! Just have fun with it!  Share your variations and photos in the comments below. I can't wait to see how y'all's turned out. 

Thanks for reading "All About My Business"
Crystal Campbell
Writer/Photographer, and some times cook. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment