Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting up and Running

My blog was calling out to me tonight as it feels neglected and empty.  I'm so sorry my dear blog... please forgive me.  Okay, that was my moment of drama.  Now on to reality.  Friday, April 22nd was my official last day in Corporate America... Yay!!  On Easter Sunday I took lots of photos of my family which I will post shortly to my Facebook and Flickr pages.  It was so much fun and I loved every second spent with my family.

On Monday, I dove right into getting my photography business up and running.  I began work on a website, (I'm finding that a very challenging task), and yesterday had a business land line put in my home.  I have 4 possible bookings, (with people I use to work with), that I'm going to try and schedule for May to get me started off.  I'm starting light because I want to get my website working in full swing before I begin booking shoots full time.  I even got new editing software, so now my photos will be even more amazing!  =)  

Today I went to see my Mom in the hospital.  She went in on Tuesday morning because she could not stop getting sick and she ended up in surgery to remove several hernias; including one that was making its way through her intestine.  No more picking up the Great Grand-babies Mom!!!!!  I told her she was very lucky she didn't bust her gut wide open before she was able to get treatment.  Praise God!  We are all very thankful that they caught it in time.  She is doing very well and was beginning her physical therapy when we left.  I believe she gets to go home in about 3 or 4 more days.  Thank you, Jesus, that everything is okay.

My hubby has been out of state all week on business, but will be home tomorrow night. Yippie!!!  I miss him so much!  I am so proud of Scott for really taking the initiative at work and becoming a true leader.  My Grand-baby, Gracie, just stopped by my room to say goodnight.  As she ran out the door I said, "love you" and I heard her yell back, "love you too" from down the hall.  That is the first time I have heard her say that!  My Grand-babies are the sweetest in the world.  I will have some great pictures of them coming up too.  I did their photo shoot the weekend before Easter.  I'm a little backed up on my photo processing because I wanted to wait for my new software, but now I will be working around the clock for the next few days to get it all done.  Speaking of which, I had better get back to work before my boss fires me... oh yeah... I am the boss!! LOL  I love it!!  =)  

See ya'll soon!

Thanks for reading "All About My Business"
Crystal Campbell
Crystal Campbell Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment