Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Feeling Better

What a time I've been having the past several days.  Where do I begin?  Remember that medicine I said I was thinking about not taking???  Well, thanks to that, (and all the stress at work), I found myself in the ER on Friday morning.  Last week I was progressively getting worse and worse until I just couldn't take it any longer.  I knew my blood pressure was high Friday morning at work, but I held out as long as I could, then finally left around 11:00am. My doctor's office closes at noon on Fridays, so I went to the urgent care.  The urgent care doctor sent me to the ER.  The ER doctor asked me some questions, ran some tests, and lo and behold... what did I hear????  A doctor agreeing with me!!  The ER doctor said since I had already lost a bit of weight, (21 lbs to be exact), that perhaps I should not have been placed on the Medforman for diabetes.  

It seems I have my blood sugar under control with my diet and exercise plan already.  I was super happy!!!  =)  I stopped taking it right away and let me tell you... this whole week I have felt better than ever before!! Doctor's are great, but even they can make mistakes.  The moral of this story???  LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!  If the doctor is telling you to take a med, and you feel worse than before, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!  And vice versa... If you know that you are sick, but the doctor says nothing is wrong, and you don't get any better... LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!!! I cannot emphasize this enough... LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!  Nobody on this Earth knows your body as well as you do.

Needless to say, I've been doing great and sticking to my healthy eating and walking 2 miles a day plan.  I'm also taking some steps to reduce the stress in my life, (more to come on that later).  Anyway, I am very tired tonight so I'm off to bed... Good Night.

Thanks for reading "All About My Business"
Crystal Campbell
Crystal Campbell Photography


P.S. Not sure if I will get a chance to post tomorrow.  If not, then Thursday I will write about what happened with the photo shoot I had scheduled for this past Sunday... hmmm... stay tuned.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment