Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Party of One...

Sitting at my desk editing photos, drinking Dr. Pepper and listening to Christmas music.  That is my Thursday evening....alone.  The hubby is at a Mens Church Retreat for the next couple days, and it's my first time staying alone here in our AZ home.  Good thing  I have our dog, Bentley, to keep me company.  I don't do well when my man is not here.  I usually don't sleep and end up incredibly tired with bags under my eyes and looking oh so not sexy by the time my hubby returns.  Glad he loves me no matter what.

I haven't been able to edit photos since our computer crashed months ago and I lost my Lightroom 3.  I bought it online a few years ago for $300, but when I tried to find my order at the Adobe website, after reformatting my computer, it was no where to be found.  Really? Just gonna screw me out of $300 like that?  That is the last time I purchase a software download!!  It's software cd's for me from now on!!  Ugh...anyway, after I learned that my dinosaur of a computer will not support Lightroom 5, I found a free trial for Lightroom 3 again so here I am.

I'm editing photos from our trip to Sedona, Arizona last weekend.  We finally made it out there and it was even more beautiful than I imaged it would be.  I can't wait to get through all the photos so I can post them.  We drove around all day and through a huge mountain that housed many resorts, Inns and parks along the way.  We pulled off on a little turn about to take some photos of a babbling brook we saw down below.  It was quite a ways down, but we saw a few pathways so we climbed down to the water.  It was very challenging for me as I do not do well with heights; however, I knew I would get some great photos and I was determined to face my fear and get my shots.  My sweet husband helped me every step of the way and I am so thankful that I have such a sweet, loving man that supports my dreams.  He even helps scout great shots for me and doubles as my assistant and photog caddy.  LOL  We had a great time climbing over huge rocks & boulders for at least an hour.  I was so tired afterward, but it was exhilarating!  Not to mention a great workout.  I cannot wait to explore more mountains here in AZ and in Utah as well.

We ended up at the top of the mountain, (about 8,000 ft.), at a park where we could look down over cliffs while being kept safe by railings.  There was also a Navaho Indian Tribe there selling some beautiful handmade jewelry.  Of course I bought some as I am a sucker for anything that sparkles and glitters.  =)

Below is a sneak peek of our Sedona weekend.  There's lots more to come, so stay tuned.  Also, visit my Facebook page to see regular updates.  Have a great Friday tomorrow!

Thanks for Reading "All About My Business"
Crystal Campbell
Photographer/Writer
Crystal Campbell Photography





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog and photos baby. You are the absolute best!! I love you always..

    Your sweet sweet man...

    ReplyDelete