Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Struggling Today...

The jogging trail was a bit difficult for me today.  There I was making my way around the pretty little lake, keeping my breathing in a steady rhythm, feeling the cool wind through my hair, and gazing at the deep blue sky that boasted a beautiful orange sunset ahead of me.  I made my first lap then kept going right on into the second.... I was about 1/3 of the way around when it happened.  My body began to lose slow down and no matter how hard I pushed I just couldn't seem to get through it...then my feet and legs began begging for mercy as my breathing became less steady and more labored.  It was time to face it... I just ran out of steam.  I had nothing more to give.  I walked the rest of the lap as a cool down.  I am rather disappointed but, at the same time, I knew this would happen sooner or later.  I know there will be days when I'm not at my best whether it be lack of energy, lack of sleep, lack of proper nutrition... etc.  I'm sure every jogger/runner has experienced something like this before.  

The important thing is that I'll be right back out there tomorrow kicking butt!  Honestly, I believe some of it was lack of music.  See, I left my cell phone home this morning by accident.  I had no music to jog to... I believe music is very important in my jogging as it provides my brain with focus, helps keep me in rhythm, and is a HUGE motivator when I just want to give up.  I hope I never have to jog without my music again.  If you are a jogger/runner, please leave a comment on this blog telling of a time you ran out of steam during a run.  I need some feedback, encouragement, and good tips.  Well, I had better go get some good sleep now.  I want to be sure lack of sleep does not hold me back tomorrow.

Keep Pushing and Moving Forward!

Thanks for reading "All About My Business"
Crystal Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment