Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall Is Finally Here!!

One day I was sitting in my car, waiting for my husband to get off work, and I began writing a Facebook post about how excited I am that fall is finally here.  As I wrote the post grew long and longer and I realized that my simple little post about fall was becoming a full-fledged poem.  Fearing my crappy iPhone would freeze, (as it so often does), and shut down the FB app causing me to lose the entire thing, I hurried to copy and pasted it into my notes so that I could finish it later.  Once I got home, I did just that.  I decided to do what I so often did in the past...I decided not to share is as a post on Facebook.  Instead, I will share it here; where all those who are interested in my writing come.  I hope you enjoy my Ode to Fall as much as I enjoyed writing it.


                                                               Ode to Fall

   It's the warm, fuzzy feeling I get inside my heart as the new season ushers in cooler breezes that ignite my soul as sunshine flows over my body, and the colder night air as it hits my face.  It's the way I find myself amazed, yet again, with the spectacular beauty of the trees as their leaves turn a beautiful yellow, orange and red.

  It's cruising up and down the aisles of my favorite stores looking for just the right decorations, and my home smelling like apple pie and pumpkin spice.

   It's digging through my closet for the favorite pair of comfy jeans, sweat pants, and cozy sweaters that will cover my belly curves and make me feel skinny.  It's football games and shivering in the stands wrapped up in a blanket while trying to sip hot chocolate without scalding myself.

   It's filling my lungs with fresh, crisp air.  It's camping without the pains of a sunburn, sitting by a bonfire or fire pit - drinking beer, roasting s'mores and making memories.

   It's cooking my favorite comfort foods - homemade chili, mac & cheese, fruit pies - and not counting calories.  It's making a mess while carving pumpkins that will greet all who approach my front door.

   It's the fun of playing silly games at fall festivals, and partaking in their deliciously fried food offerings while sipping warm apple cider.  It's watching joyfully as children run from door to door, in over-sized costumes that make them waddle, to collect their delightfully sweet treasures.

   It's the smell of a turkey roasting in the oven while the parade is playing on the television in the background and waiting with great anticipation as my stomach rumbles and tumbles about.  It's gorging myself on turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and deviled eggs - then falling asleep on the couch cuddling with my loving husband while watching football.

   It's giving thanks for everyday lived on this Earth, for every person I love, and who loves me just for who I am.  It's thanking my Lord and Savior for all the sweet blessings He showers over me everyday.  It's lending a helping hand to a stranger and making others feel as loved as I am.


Thank you for reading, "All About My Business"
Crystal Campbell
Photographer/Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment