Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Monday, October 22, 2012

My Weekend and Today's Jogging

I had an awesome time this weekend with my family!  On Saturday I hung out with my terrific beautiful niece Sandra.  We had lunch, did a little Halloween shopping and then relaxed with some Caramel Macchiatos at Saxby's Coffee.  It was a great time... my niece is a lot of fun to be with.  Later that evening we stopped by the liquor store and then headed to my brother's house where we played poker with him, his girlfriend, Stephanie, and my nephew Micah.  I never had so much fun!  Once we lost all our poker chips we hit the makeshift dance floor in the living room... after that well, it got a little crazy.  I can't speak of the details but it included Dog Cookies, My socks, a Chihuahua Cat, Whataburger, my brother's awesome Yellow Camaro, and 3 girls who were feeling no pain... LOL

On Sunday I didn't do much.  I was supposed to go out with another cousin, but the terd stood me up.  I will get him...  The evening could not have been better spent anyway as I just relaxed with my wonderful loving husband.  =)

Today after work I hit the jogging trail once again.  I'm excited to day that I reached another goal and made a new personal best!  My first goal was to jog the entire trail one lap without stopping which I did last week.  In fact ended up jogging just at 2 miles on Friday, (that's approx. 1 1/3 laps).  Today, I jogged my one lap and then kept going hoping to just do 1/3 of the way around again like Friday, but once again I surprised even myself.  My breathing was so good that I just kept on jogging and ended up jogging both laps without stopping!!  Wow!!  Two whole laps for a total of  3.4 miles!!  Yay Me!!  I reached my little finish line listening to "Wild Women Do, (and they don't regret it)" from the Pretty Woman Soundtrack.  Oh yeah!  Then I walked a third lap for cool down.  The best part was that when I finished jogging I wasn't out of breath... I wasn't even breathing hard!!!  Not to mention that we had some rain clouds headed in so it got really windy... can I just tell you that it is freakin HARD to jog against the wind????  Extra resistance for sure...but I did it!  =)  Now that I reached my second goal, I think I will hold at jogging two laps for a while.  Now I want to work on longevity and speed.  Maybe someday I will run a marathon.  I want to say that I would not have the drive, determination, breath or strength to do this without my Lord, Jesus Christ.  He is with me always and helps me every step of my way.  Thank you Lord!!  

Also, I weighed in on Friday, 10/19, and lost 3 more pounds!!  That makes 7 pounds in the past month... Yay Me!!

Keep Pushing and Moving Forward!

Thanks for reading "All About My Business"
Crystal Campbell 



Where I Jog



 

No comments:

Post a Comment