Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Wow!!  It has been a long time since I have posted anything... please accept my apologies for that.  We have had a rough few months as the switch in our department at work has been more stressful than I anticipated, a very close family member passed away unexpectedly, and I recently found out that my health is on the line.  However, things are settling down a bit at work and home so I will be posting again.  Yea!! 

First of all, things at work are going better now that I'm getting the hang of what we are doing, so I shouldn't be so stressed about that anymore.  Secondly, I went to the doctor last month for my yearly and was told that I now have diabetes... <<<big sigh>>>.  They warned me about this 3 years ago, but I didn't listen so I take full responsibility for it.  They started me on a medication that will help keep my sugar levels under control until I can lose some weight.  Let me tell you, that my fire has been lit!!!  I stopped all sugar and cut way back on the carbs.  I went in for my 1 month follow up this week and the doctor said that I had lost 8 lbs. so far and she is very optimistic that I won't need to be on meds very long if I keep doing what I'm doing because the diabetes will go away once I lose a lot of this weight.  Needless to say, I have been doing great on my new lifestyle change which includes healthy foods and walking 2 miles at least 3 times a week.  My husband and I are trying to work up to 2 miles everyday.  Anyway, I'm very excited about my future health.  I have never felt better in my life.  I can't tell you how much energy I have now!  When I took a step back and looked at what my eating habits have been all these years, I was not surprised that I now have diabetes.  My diet was 90% sugar and carbs... Wow!!  I now use Splenda in my tea and coffee, eat very few carbs during the day, (only whole wheat bread), and eat only protein and green veggies for dinner.  In fact, I eat a lot more protein now and it has been amazing.  I get full faster, don't need to eat as much, and do not feel the urge to snack.  It's great.

Okay, now to my photography.  I been out and about with my new love, (my Nikon D3000), and it has not disappointed!  I am in the process of working on the pics I've taken and will release them soon.  I have also begun booking some photo shoots for April.  I sent out a Facebook message to some close friends and family members offering a free session to get some experience.  I sat there looking at it for about 10 minutes before clicking "send."  LOL  I am so nervous and a little scared to actually do this for real, but the only way to conquer a fear is to just face it... no way around it, have to go through it.  I think I may be more excited than nervous right now though.  We will see what happens.  Hopefully I will get some responses soon. 

I want to say "Thank You" to all who read and follow this blog. I consider it an honor that you take time out of your busy day to read my stuff.  You are Awesome!!  =)

Well, it is very late here and I am soooo sleepy. I'm going to hit the hay for tonight... see ya soon!

Thanks for reading "All About My Business,"
Crystal Campbell
Crystal Campbell Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment